Strategic Account Consultant - Manufacturing
The Strategic Account Consultant - Manufacturing is responsible for the overall relationship and business expansion of 50 key accounts across diverse verticals of Manufacturing. The goal of the Strategic Account Consultant is to become its clients’ trusted advisor and challenge their status quo to drive innovation in the way they design, manufacture and manage data/processes to bring their products to market.
This job is assigned a sales quota and performance is measured by meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual targets by up-selling, add-on sale, and cross-selling. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Technology Group and will work closely with the broader Customer Success Team, Technical Specialists and Field Sales of Vendor Partners.
- • Generate new business by creatively expanding existing accounts
• Priority Focus on the 50 target accounts
• Sell complex service engagements and creatively seek alternative solutions where necessary
• Proactively own renewals in key accounts in conjunction with Customer Success
• Evaluate and prepare business plans for each assigned account. This involves evaluating the customer profile, creating value messaging, and targeting key steps needed to execute the account plans
• Develop important and effective relationships within the account including Key Executives and translate customer challenges and opportunities into unique business value
• Ensure the Autodesk team and internal Customer Success Team delivers Business Value to the Account(s), builds effective account business plans and executes upon the plan, builds, maintains and grows opportunity pipeline within Account(s), uses sound call planning to drive business results and makes continuous improvement in moving Applied Software from vendor to trusted advisor
• Manage accounts through entire sales process; Outside field sales position, physically at customer location for business development, prospecting, and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support
• Deliver an accurate weekly, monthly & quarterly forecast of business.
• Build toward a five quarter, rolling pipeline
• Accurately track pipeline and account activities in CRM
• Reach out and provide regular customer feedback to the product, industry & strategic marketing teams to help identify product strengths and areas of improvement
• Negotiate deals and contracts at various levels within the targeted account, with primary focus/importance on “C” and enterprise level negotiations
Desired Experience and Qualifications
• Proven track record (7+ years) consistent quota attainment with on premise, SaaS or a hybrid model
• Enterprise Technology Software sales experience, preferably within the Manufacturing or broader Engineering industries
• Strong team selling and leadership skills
• Passion for disruptive technology and challenging the status quo
• Experience with direct and indirect selling channels
• Highly driven, determined & business oriented
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent