Strategic Industry Consultant – Building Products & Systems Integrator Manufacturing
This Strategic Industry Consultant is a strategic sales role that’s responsible for revenue growth and helping develop business strategy in two fast-growing and niche manufacturing verticals. Through leveraging outcome-based selling and immersion into the business drivers and challenges of these industries, this role will deliver exceptional results and customer success – ultimately cementing Applied Software as the leader in the convergence of Manufacturing, Architecture & Construction.
The ideal candidate must be a sales or technical professional with experience selling to, or working in/alongside, manufacturers that develop products that integrate in/around a building or manufacturing process. This job is assigned a sales quota and performance is measured by meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual targets by selling software and consultative services. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Technology Group and will work closely with the broader Customer Success Team, Technical Specialists, Application Development and Field Sales of Vendor Partners.
- •• Generate new business by creatively expanding existing accounts and hunting new logos
• Sell complex service engagements and software solutions, creatively seeking alternative solutions where necessary
• Assist in the go-to-market strategy of Applied Software’s Building Product Manufacturing business growth initiatives, including recommendation of technologies to develop in-house or resell, consultative services and packaged offerings, and marketing alignment.
• Proactively own renewals in conjunction with Customer Success
• Evaluate and prepare business plans for top accounts. This involves evaluating the customer profile, creating value messaging, and targeting key steps needed to execute the account plans
• Develop important and effective relationships within accounts, including Key Executives, and translate customer challenges and opportunities into unique business value
• Leverages sound call planning to drive business results and makes continuous improvement in moving Applied Software from vendor to trusted advisor
• Manage accounts through entire sales process; Outside field sales position, physically at customer location for business development, prospecting, and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support
• Deliver an accurate weekly, monthly & quarterly forecast of business.
• Build toward a five quarter, rolling pipeline
• Accurately track pipeline and account activities in CRM
• Reach out and provide regular customer feedback to the product, industry & strategic marketing teams to help identify product strengths and areas of improvement
• Negotiate deals and contracts at various levels within the targeted account, with primary focus/importance on “C” and enterprise level negotiations
Desired Experience and Qualifications
• Proven track record (7+ years) consistent quota attainment with on premise, SaaS or a hybrid model OR equivalent time in a Technical Specialist/Sales Engineering capacity
• Enterprise Technology Software sales or technical experience, preferably within the Manufacturing or broader Engineering industries
• Strong team collaboration and leadership skills
• Passion for disruptive technology and challenging the status quo
• Experience with direct and indirect selling channels
• Highly driven, determined & business oriented
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent